My aunt Julie, who lives on John’s Island in Washington, made this blanket for Phoebe. But there’s more to it. Each pattern represents something special. As her letter says:
- Yellow duckies: just for you, baby girl!
- Dog paws: in honor of Carter, your first dog
- Clouds, stars and the moon: for sweet dreams, and because you are loved more than all the stars in the sky
- Fairies: in honor of two little fairies that have been protecting children for years, Pat and Maureen, resting on each side of your bed at night to watch over you
- Hearts: to remember you are loved so much by so many
What a lucky little girl to have such a nice aunt, even miles away.