Thank you Cindy! New to Rome (and FAO) from Alaska, Cindy gave this adorable dress and socks to Phoebe. And there’s more of a connection than she realizes.
If you didn’t know this about Paul, now you do. He loves crazy dress socks with suits. Stripes, patterns, the more colorful the better. Subtle but expressive just the same. Always makes me think of flair…
On Sunday we went to a pool. Phoebe remains unimpressed.
Filed under Phoebe, Trips
It was hot hot hot in Rome this week so we headed to a lake on Saturday to cool off. Beautiful conditions, sunny skies, only moderately crowded…and dog friendly. Hooray!
Phoebe tried swimming (dipping is more acurate) for the second time. And for the second time, she didn’t really like it. Oh well, maybe when she’s 2 1/2 months old…
At least Carter enjoyed himself.
My aunt Julie, who lives on John’s Island in Washington, made this blanket for Phoebe. But there’s more to it. Each pattern represents something special. As her letter says:
- Yellow duckies: just for you, baby girl!
- Dog paws: in honor of Carter, your first dog
- Clouds, stars and the moon: for sweet dreams, and because you are loved more than all the stars in the sky
- Fairies: in honor of two little fairies that have been protecting children for years, Pat and Maureen, resting on each side of your bed at night to watch over you
- Hearts: to remember you are loved so much by so many
What a lucky little girl to have such a nice aunt, even miles away.
If only we were still in New York…
Sort of. Due to a busy diapering, feeding and burping schedule we were quite late and only caught the last few minutes.
As I seem to be saying more and more these days, next time.
Filed under Phoebe, Sights
Not only have they supplied us with at least half of our staples–play mat, car seat and more–Dan and Amy brought Phoebe these adorable outfits. Plus, a banana bread that I took care of in three days. And I’m not even “eating for two” anymore. Sad. True. More, please!