So far, Phoebe is a delight. We can’t be sure of her true personality just yet because we’ve seen many sides of her! The first week was very smooth sailing. Then we hit a rough patch of fussiness for a couple of days, followed by extreme sleepiness. Now she seems to be back in a zone that Paul calls “the perfect baby”. Here’s what we’ve uncovered after the first 10 days:
- looking at black and white patterns or toys with bright colors (score one for the books; they mentioned this a lot)
- laying on her side
- sleeping on dad’s chest
- Carter licking her feet, repeatedly
- riding in the stroller
*Doesn’t care for one bit:
- diaper changes, usually
- the entire burping process
- either the first or last 5 minutes of her bath
Stay tuned. There’s surely more to come.
* Each of these is actually growing on her. Phew!